Slow cooker tropical crumble
Making a crumble is probably one of the easiest things you can make. Take some fruit, some sweetness and some butter (of course) throw it in a dish and bake! What comes out is this warm, slightly sweet slightly tart crumble of utter satisfaction. It takes care of all your cravings. It helps with the mid afternoon pantry attack, it helps when you wanna change up your toddlers snacks, and it helps you get your daily fruit intake for the day. Healthy and delicious, who could go wrong with that?
I’ve taken some short cuts, added my own spin on things and I have substituted traditional ingredients to bring you something that is sweet yet doesn’t have all the guilt. Don’t be afraid of trying other ingredients to make it your own you really can’t mess this recipe up.
- 1 cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 cup Frozen Mango
- 1/4 cup Organic Raw Honey
- 2 tsp Cornstarch If you don't have this you can use flour
- Juice of 1 Orange
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Flour you can substitute all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Toasted slivered Almonds
- 1 cup Gluten free Oats you can use quick oats also
- 1/4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Ghee you can use unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
In a large bowl mix the frozen fruit, honey, cornstarch, Orange Juice and the zest until well combined
In another bowl mix together with your hands or fork the flour, almonds, oats, butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined
Spray your slow cooker with a non stick cooking spray and add the fruit mixture to the pot. Top the fruit mixture with the dry ingredients
set your Slow Cooker for 3 hours on Med-high heat
Serve warm with any topping you fancy. I like Greek Yogurt, Enjoy!
- This recipe can be used with Fresh Fruit as most crumbles are. But I used Frozen Fruit and it tasted just as good! Its especially good to use Frozen fruit when some fruits aren't in season
- I used Gluten free flour and that worked perfectly fine.
- I used my Instant pot on the Slow cooker method. I checked it half way and knew it needed more time. Mine went for 3 hours and it was perfect but make sure you check from time to time, you don't want it to become a mush.